Friday, 16 September 2016

Today's Progress; lessons learned.

Another 4 Eldar finished, 2 in powered armour and a pair with missile launcher (to be used as heavy plasma gun in dragon squads) 
Yet again I've changed the painting execution and I believe these to be the best looking troops in the army thus far! 
That is not to say these are exceptionally well painted; far from it. What sets these 4 apart from the others is the uniformity  of the green basecoat (XF 74 Tamiya). I've learned now the more uniform your basecoat is the more your fine line highlight will pop. All I have to do now is go back and repaint 25 figs. 
This sculpt is really epic, not only does it help with WYSIWYG for the Vyper squad (powered armour and shuriken catapult) but the pose itself is dead hard; as it should be considering the lethality of the shuriken catapult! 
I think the lenses turned out fairly spiff as well. This brings the army to 29 painted figs, 6 to completion. 
I am extremely burnt out with space elves and I'll be switching gears to a small antagonist project for a D&D 3.5 Campaign I've been mulling over for a very long time. 
Regular service to resume shortly (HA!)
Thanks for stopping by!