Sunday 15 February 2015

Beast Tyrant Skriva of Clan Moulder

Today is my birthday so what better way to spend it than at the painting table? I picked this fig up off eBay awhile ago thinking he'd be a great beast master character, I know he's from the old screaming bell but I think he's turned out just fine:
I wanted his mask to resemble that of an executioners hood, but I should not have painted his top blue as it washes out a lot of the colour:
Ah well it's not so bad when viewed from above:
Best part however is his warp stone double handed weapon 
Unfortunately the back looks better than the front. 
Oh well
I'm very happy with the base, I think it's the best I've done on a 20mm base, making him fit on it alone was hard enough.
Anyway thanks for looking and for all you Ontario Canucks out there enjoy the paid 24_Cigarettes recovery day off aka Family Day.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! I like that figure a lot, even though he's from fourth edition. Thinking about finding a casting of him to use as my grey seer. Cheers and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Mouse I think he's an extremely versatile figure. After my first attempt at a BSB I now find the results now rather juvenile. I'm looking for another of these on eBay to make another attempt with a fair bit of conversion work of course!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday 24_C!
    Your beastmaster looks great. The warpstone effect turned out really well. And, as always, the texture on the base is amazing.
    Looking forward to toasting your birthday in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I as well! The fiendish overlords at work could not stand before my alotted vacation time and were powerless to prevent our next battle engagement.
      I shall bring libations!

      Delete
  3. Nice job dude, that guy has a special place in my heart as one of the first 4th edition Skaven releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snikkit, the skaven are starting to wind down now, only 50 or so left to go, but it's been a great ride so far.

      Delete