Thursday 12 December 2013

A little bit closer

31 skaven painted and based.
It's a bit labor intensive but Blue in VT's basing method is sound.
Line painting is quite boring but I'm going to keep up with the skaven til New Years. By then I should have 60 finished to this standard; roughly 1/3 of my 3k list. 
Hopefully by the year's end I'll have a game or two of rogue trader under my belt. From what I've seen online it looks like a good time and a good distraction from my chittering horde. I really want to get these stripped and painted up

For Alpharius!


6 comments:

  1. Looking Great! I'm quite jealous of your Ratmen...I've always had a soft spot for them and yours are making me want to start collecting yet another race! Must resist! Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks blue. They're painted using only a basecoat and then black brown washes. That's it. The basing brings them along quite a bit IMHO. This is the first army in a long time that I've bothered painting the eyes. Which is a pain in the ass.

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking Skaven, great work.

    Good luck with the Rogue Trader game, always good to hear of it still being played :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Gobbo. I've picked up the rogue trader rulebook, the red and yellow compilation books. I really would like to finish an Eldar pirate army but I'll need the book of the astronomican....but not for £100

      Delete
  3. Keeping going Dude, Skaven really are a,labour of love as there are sooooooo many minis to paint but if they all turn out as well as these then it'll be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you my verminous chum. I've tried to stay on track and it's been a chore. If I can get 60 done by the 31st I'll be happy, a far cry from the 122
    I was aiming for but c'est la vie. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to stay focused.
    Positive comments always help! Lol

    ReplyDelete