Mr Phreedh over at Phreedh's miniature stuff http://ministuff.godzilla.se has nominated me for a Liebster... I'm actually quite shocked by this, I'd thought only my little blog was far too small to get noticed. I'm going to break it up into two parts so I can get back to my hobby desk!
The first hurdle is to tell 11 truths about myself
1. I really despise when adults say "on purpose" I can remember even as far back as kindergarten hearing this and thinking do you mean with purpose? Purposefully? Twat
2. Bullies especially internet bullies are my bane. The worst type of cowards are internet tough guys. They've pretty much ruined open online gaming and forum posting for me.
3. I detest the Progressive Conservative party and the evil they represent.
4. MTG is my favourite game to play, yes you read that right. I started playing young and was throwing together decks at age 12 that most adult players couldn't contend with. With my job I can't keep up with all the Friday night magic events or with the standard and legacy formats. I especially enjoy the Commander variant but I rarely get the opportunity to play, just for fun, nothing too competitive. These days I'm more concerned in getting rallies going or introducing new players my age to the game. I find few people will give the game a chance; they'll write it off as something kids play or won't take time to learn the intricacies of the game, which is a shame.
5. I am a sneakerhead, I got my first pair of Nikes at age 8 and I was hooked. I don't wear them all the time, but if it's a casual day and it's sunny outside Ill be in my Jordans.
6. I'm a Yankees fan win or lose. When Jeter retires I will cry openly and without shame.
7. I've always read comics mostly X-Men and their many variants, Batman, Hawkman (for some reason, I'm not sure why) and the old b&w TMNT. I refuse to see any film adaptations in theatres and I find it revolting Disney bought Marvel. Can't wait for the Goofy vs Deadpool crossover.
8. The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite film, in all things Star Wars I cheer for the Empire and the dark side of the Force.
9. I used to be a big gamer: Halo, Oblivion, Skyrim, COD and Madden 1993-2009. The gems of my collection are my old NES, SNES & Genesis games of which I've got around 50. My most played classics are TMNT 2 the arcade game, river city ransom, Stanley cup hockey, altered beast and Mario 3. My favourite modern(ish) games have to be Oblivion, KOTOR, GTA 3, Vice City, hell all of 'em. But the all time fave is:
10. I love to read especially fantasy and science fiction. My favourite authors are Moorcock, Abnett, JV Jones, RA Salvatore, Pratchett, Weiss and Hickmann, Brent Weeks, Robin Hobb and Steven Erikson just to name few. I'm also a big fan of Irvine Welsh and Chuck Palahniuk.
11. I've been to Brittain twice now, I really enjoy vacations over there; the history, the pub, the food, the transit, the pub, the football, the rugby, the pub. I'd love to get back over for BOYL someday, hopefully the conversion from CDN to £ will be improved. My last visit I was given keys to a flat in Putney Heath for a week before heading to Birmingham. On early nights coming back from downtown I'd finish up at:
It was a nice little place. I would've been there every night but they closed doors at 11. The 24 hour places were ok but too clubby for my taste. I had a few pints on a converted submarine hunter on the river Thames, it was pretty cool. Another pub highlight was round the corner from St Paul's Cathedral with maked graves on the garden patio. Besides pubs and Historical sights I spent a fair bit of time checking out hobby stores, the only downside was how disappointed I was to see the state of GW in its maiden land was as sad as home in Canada.
Well that's it, this has taken me forever to finish! It may be awhile before part 2 I've got to get the skaven done before oldhammer day in the USA!